Rogue Machine is one of the most prestigious and accomplished theatre companies in Southern California. Recent awards include:
- American Theatre Wing’s 2014 National Theatre Company Grant, given only to 12 theatre companies in the country.
- Ovation Awards for Best Production (2010, 2011, 2013)
- LA Weekly’s Best Theatre Company in LA (2012)
- LA Drama Critics Circle Awards: Best Season (2011) and Best Production (2010, 2011, 2013)
- NAACP Award: Best Production (2013)
Rogue Machine specializes in producing new plays by Los Angeles playwrights. Among their 12 World Premiere productions by local writers, 5 have had significant subsequent productions, including 2 Off-Broadway productions and 2 major regional theatre productions. 2 other world premiere plays have each had multiple productions in smaller venues across the country. Recent highlights include the World Premiere production of Kemp Powers’ “One Night in Miami…” which was subsequently produced at Baltimore’s Center Stage (becoming the best-selling production in their history), The Denver Center for the Performing Arts, and is currently scheduled to open in London in the Fall; and the World Premiere of John Pollono’s “Lost Girls,” which played to sold-out audiences Off-Broadway.
Rogue Machine has received over 50 awards and dozens of Critic’s Picks and “Best of the Year” accolades from the Los Angeles Times, LA Weekly, LA Drama Critics Circle, and more.
Find out more at: